Trail-work Pin Application Form
National Park Service and Ten Mile River Scout Museum to conduct online nature talks (Kaspar, Susanna M)
Ten Mile River Scout Camps, Narrowsburg, N.Y.
Greater New York Councils, B.S.A.
OFF-SEASON OPEN DATES: The Museum is planning to be open the three Shooting Sports Weekends (Apr. 21-23, Apr. 28-30, May 5-7) and the Raft-O-Ree (June 9-11). Look to this page in the future for confirmation of these dates and hours open.
2022 was the 100th Anniversary of the organization of the Boy Scout Foundation of Greater New York. Purchase the 5 in. commemorative backpatch.
Purchase the Boy Scout Foundation of Greater New York/Greater New York Councils 100th Anniversary CSP Set. (Only three sets left!)
ABOUT THE MUSEUM
The Ten Mile River Scout Museum is operated by the Greater New York Councils, Boy Scouts of America and is dedicated to preserving the history and artifacts of the Ten Mile River Scout Camps and the local area. T.M.R. is a 12,000 acre reserve in Sullivan County near Narrowsburg, N.Y. that has been serving the Boy Scouts of New York City since 1927.
Located in T.M.R.’s Headquarters Camp, the Museum consists of a Museum Building, the Kernochan Blockhouse, the Karl Bernstein Cayuga/Kotohke Cabin and the Kunatah Trading Post.
We are open to the general public and offer various tours and indoor exhibits, outdoor programs and local history exhibits. Our store has a variety of Museum and T.M.R. publications, patches and collectibles for sale. We also offer Scouts a variety of merit badges.
Troops camping at T.M.R. can hike to the museum and participate in a Matinee Museum Lunch in our picnic area.
Our Research Library covers the history of the Kanohwahke Scout Camps, the Ten Mile River Scout Camps, New York City Scouting and local history. See camp and staff photos, biographies, newspaper articles, camp and local maps dating back to 1856 and other paper items. There is also extensive documentation on President Franklin D. Roosevelt and his role in the origin of T.M.R.
Find out more about the Museum: