TEN MILE RIVER SCOUT MUSEUM QUIZ
Enter your info and where you want your Historian patch to be mailed.
Enter the quiz answers. If the box turns red, try another answer.
Press the SUBMIT button.
Mail my Historian patch to this address:
1) Who is the person most responsible for the establishment of Ten Mile River Scout Camps?
A) Herbert Hoover
B) Averill Harriman
c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
D) Nick Dale
E) Roland Flora
2) Originally there was one Ten Mile River camp for each New York City borough. How many camps was that?
3) For the first few summers of the Brooklyn camp, scouts came up from the city primarily by:
4) At the Ten Mile River Scout Museum you can see displays that include:
A) Scoutcraft and cooking
B) Space exploration
D) Native American and Colonial artifacts
E) Gems and minerals
5) The Order of the Arrow played an important role at summer camp during the 1930's to the 1970's
6) Scouts use to hike to which food place located near Ten Mile River
B) The Donut Farm
C) Reber's Carriage House
D) Krispy Kreme Donuts
E) Perry Barne's
7) Scouts would order carved neckerchief slides from
A) The Donut Farm
B) Bob Lander's
D) The Slide Farm
E) Old McDonald's Farm
8) Ten Mile River is located at least 100 miles from the ocean. Nevertheless, there was an active Sea Scout program at Ten Mile River.
9) Presidents Dwight Eisenhower and Jimmy Carter are among the US Presidents to visit Ten Mile River.
10) At the Ten Mile River Scout Museum you will see an actual 8-boy cabin used in the 1930's - 1950's and a recreation of a frontier blockhouse.